MY TRIP TO PARIS









Will the real Belgian waffle please stand up?
belgian waffles

Belgian waffles or as I discovered in Brussels that they are also called Brussels waffles. There's a reason why these are so famous!  They are delicious!

The Belgian waffles, or Brussels waffle, is prepared with a yeast-leavened batter. It is generally, but not always, lighter, thicker, and crispier and has larger pockets compared to other waffle varieties. In Belgium, it is served warm by street vendors, dusted with confectioner's sugar, and sometimes topped with whipped cream or chocolate spread. In America, it is served in the same ways the American waffle is served. Belgian waffles were introduced to America by restaurateur Maurice Vermersch, who sold his Brussels waffles under the name "Bel-Gem Waffles" at New York's 1964 World's Fair.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,
5 Responses
  1. AnnMadeStuff Says:

    Thanks for the memories...I lived in France and Switzerland.


  2. Oh well I'll be posting a lot of France and Switzerland as I spent quite a bit of time there. How long ago did you live there?


  3. AnnMadeStuff Says:

    Hi,
    I lived in Switzerland from 1967 to 1972 and again from 1973 to 1975.I was in Dijon from 1975 to 1991 and Nancy from 1997 to 2001.


  4. WOW you've been around!!


  5. AnnMadeStuff Says:

    It was fun while it lasted..well, not all the time. I'm now in the hills of Virginia and I think I will stay here.